The landing bridges in the port of Hamburg already belong to the district of St. Pauli. The floating jetty is 700 meters long. From here, boat trips to Finkenwerder, Oevelgönne, and Blankenese start as well as harbor tours.
The first ship dock was built in 1839. The ship pier built in 1907, consists of floating pontoons, accessible via nine moving bridges from the mainland. The attached main building was constructed from 1907 to 1909 with tufa at the place of the old landing bridges. With its length of 205 meters and its numerous passageways to the boats as well as domes and towers, it sets a clear structural accent.