The Castle Garden Bazaar is a market in Budapest’s first district at Miklós-Ybl Square. This listed building is part of the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site on the banks of the Danube, Andrássy Street and the Castle Palace. The compound provides one of the entrances to the Burgberg.
In the 19th century, the Pest district developed rapidly on the opposite side of the Danube, representative buildings and pedestrian zones were built near the shore. In Buda, on the other hand, one-storey buildings dating back to the 18th century were still coined. At the beginning of the 1870s, the idea was born to build a representative building with a garden at the foot of the Burgberg. The complex was built between 1875 and 1883 according to the plans of Miklós Ybl in neo-Renaissance style and forms the end of the city garden to the Danube.