The Stamford House is located in a historic building at the junction of Stamford Road and Hill Street, in downtown Singapore. Originally known as the Oranje building, it now houses a shopping center.
The building was designed by Alfred John Bidwell (1869-1918) by Swan & Maclaren in 1904 for Seth Paul, a Singaporean-American.
The Stamford House is a variation of the Venetian Renaissance style, popular in commercial buildings during the Victorian period. It has an appealing, romantic architectural composition with its sweeping central gables and two triangles at both ends.